Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Earthquakes, Vomit, Rain, and Birthdays

Things have been crazy since yesterday morning! We were woken up by the earthquake (as I'm sure everyone else was) around 5:30 Friday morning. Sophie had crawled in bed with us right before it happened, and right after it was over, she decided to throw up on me. In addition to getting ready for work, I also had the lovely task of stripping the bed and washing the sheets. I assumed that would be all of the excitement for the morning, but Sophie decided she wasn't done vomiting and was sitting on our bed and the comforter when she threw up again. This time she managed to get it all over her and I had to figure out how to get her into the bathroom without dragging her mess throughout the house. I finally ended up just wrapping her in my bath towel. I added giving her a bath to my list of things to do before going to work. Amazingly, I still made it to work on time. I was there for a whole hour when Steve called to let me know she had thrown up again, making her early morning bath pointless. When I got home, Sophie made sure to point out the places to me where she had thrown up, on the kitchen floor and on the living room floor.

On Saturday morning, I managed to drag myself out of bed and participate in Race for the Cure. This is the 5th year of participating, and once again I was moved by the amount of people commited to finding a cure to end breast cancer. Seeing all the survivors in their pink shirts, marching together in the Survivor Parade brought tears to my eyes as it always does. It rained on us at the beginning of the race, but cleared up not too much later. By the end of the race, I was almost totally dry.
This evening, we went to my parents house to celebrate Steve's birthday. My husband turned the big 3-9 on Thursday. Normally we don't think anything of our 10 yr. age difference, but I happily reminded him that next year when he turns 40 I will only be 29. He then proceeded to call me a gold digger (I have yet to find it!) and I labeled him a cradle robber. For his birthday this year, I had my step-dad build him a cornhole set. I worked my behind off for two days to get the Harley-Davidson logo on it. I had to use an exact-o knife to cut the pattern out of cardboard. I lost the feeling in the top of my thumb and it hasn't returned a week later. I was pretty proud of myself for the way they turned out, and Steve was really surprised. It had been driving him crazy, knowing that I had gone to my parents house to work on "something" and he couldn't guess correctly.

Sophie was excited about them as well, but I think that's because she thought it was a slide.

We then sang "Happy Birthday" and true to fashion, we sang it very badly. Sophie expressed her dislike for our voices by putting her bib over her face.
Eli enjoyed spending time with Great-Mamaw Kelley. I love seeing the two of them together, and I know Mamaw absolutely loves it as well.

No comments: