Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Just Finish the Job!

A few weeks ago, a local handyman and his son began finishing our basement. We definitely need the space, and when we decide to sell our house, hopefully our finished basement will be an attraction (with all of the vinyl village houses in our subdivision, we could use a bonus). Now, I had never hired someone to work on my home before, so I was under the impression (silly me) that they came early in the morning and left around 5 or 6. No sirree. 4 or 5 hours/day is his limit. While this man is doing a good job, he is taking his sweet time. All this week he was saying that he would be done by today (Friday). Well, Steve was off today, so when this man was working, Steve asked him if he would be done today (knowing full well that he wouldn't). He just said, "I don't think so." Not only will he be coming in the morning now, but he will still need to come a few days next week. Seriously, it takes a month to finish a tiny (I mean luxurious, for those of you in the market for a starter home in Brownsburg) basement?! My parents completely gutted their kitchen and renovated it in a little over a week (it looks awesome by the way, like I walked right into a tv show on HGTV). They are not construction workers by trade. They worked from the crack of dawn until 8 or 9 at night. We are thinking about hiring them to finish our job.

Tonight, I asked Eli to put my shoes in the closet for me. I could only find one in the closet. This is where I found the other one.

Yep, in the nightstand drawer

No comments: