Hendricks County was hit with some tragedies. A 13 year old boy died in a mobile home fire. A few days later, a woman was stabbed to death by her estranged husband. She was sleeping in her bed with her two young daughters, who managed to escape to a closet and call 911. Now not only do they not have their mother, but they don't have their father either. I cannot even begin to imagine waking up to what those girls woke up to. A Brownsburg teenager was killed in a car crash this week as well. Her father owns a car shop here in town. What is ironic and heartbreaking is that her father raised her and her sibling on his own after his wife, their mother, died in a car wreck some 14 years ago. His business is struggling and he can't afford to bury his child. If you are in Brownsburg in the near future, feel free to stop at a local business and drop some money in buckets to help this family out.
On to lighter news, my office is playing a sick, twisted game of Musical Chairs. The office is still under construction, and we were informed Tuesday with no notice that we all had to vacate the open room we were in so the cubicles could be brought in and assembled. I was actually out on a home visit when this decision was made, so I got a lovely call from a co-worker that my desk was now in the kitchen. Yes, the kitchen. I had to duck whenever someone opened the freezer. I was also lucky enough to hear people fighting over the thermostat. That about put me over the edge and I thanked Jesus I remembered to bring my iPod. Today I got to move back into the file room, aka kiddiecorner, with 4 other co-workers. There are five of us crammed into this room, and we are all operating out of boxes. I don't even have a phone (which is actually rather nice, since clients can't get ahold of me. Well, it was nice until two clients showed up at my office because they couldn't get ahold of me). Those of us still without a permanent cubicle home walk in every morning wondering where we'll end up. The day my desk is in the bathroom is the day I'm outta there. I'll be so happy when these shenanigans are over.
As always, I'll end with some absolutely fabulous pictures of my children. They were in slip 'n slide heaven last night.




No comments:
Post a Comment