Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Stuck in a Rut?

I go through periods of "blah-ness" at work. I love my job (oddly enough) as there are no two days alike. Don't get me wrong, it stresses me out and sometimes I want to ram people's heads into the walls until they see the light, but all in all, I really like it. I feel that I am much better at this job than I was a teacher. My supervisor may think otherwise! :) Lately, though, I have been getting FED UP. People aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing and it's wearing on my last nerve. If someone came up to me and told me to choose between drugs/abusive husband/lying/crime and my children, my children would win every time, hands down. I struggle to believe that addiction is a disease (even though it's been proven to be). If someone TRULY wants to change for the better, get his/her life on track, and be reunified with his/her child, then WORK ON THE ADDICTION. Most of my clients are also involved with the criminal court system by either waiting on charges, serving a sentence, or being on probation. My favorite is the person on probation who thinks that I don't talk to his/her probation officer. If you screw up with me, they'll know about it, and vice versa. You signed the damn release of information, genius.

Anyway, after awhile it wears on me and I wonder what the friggin' point is. In a month or so I'll be over it, but for now I'm stuck in a rut. If Hendricks County ever builds a YMCA, I'm there like swimwear. That's my dream job.

1 comment:

Jeff, Katie and Gabby said...

I hear ya'! I was just thinking this the other day! You are such a wonderful FCM and you do so much for your families! Believe me...I have heard!