Why yes, that wonderful husband of mine turned 40 on Friday!! Staying true to myself, I've been making fun of him all weekend and pointing out to him that I'm still the tender young age of 29. The birthday extravaganza started on Friday evening with a trip to Outback, Steve's favorite restaurant. His parents joined us. On Saturday night we went to Kelly's Pub on 10th street. Steve's cousin Nikki, his friend Jeff and his fiancee Melissa, and his friend Scott went with us. We shot some pool and drank some beer. We left just before midnight due to the fact that we couldn't stop yawning and there were so damn many smokers that I thought my eyes were going to explode right out of my head. I suppose that I'm getting too old for the bar scene. Not to mention that we're usually asleep by 10pm! We did have a good time, though. Today, we had the family party. Some of Steve's family from Logansport came down and my parents and grandparents came as well. Steve's parents hosted. It was a good day to be with family. It would have been better if it hadn't been raining, but a good day nontheless.
I'm married with two great children. Steve is a K-9 police officer and I am a case manager for DCS. Sophie is an almost-3-year-old drama queen and Eli is a laid back 1 year old. Life is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment