Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Quick Update

I felt the need to get everyone (all 3 readers:)) up to speed on what we have been doing for the last few weeks. I find that it is very hard to keep current posts during the holidays. I have been working late almost every night, and between that and trying to get Christmas shopping done, presents wrapped, and plans finalized, this blog has been on the back burner. So here goes:

*Steve and I actually got to go out as grown-ups. Brownsburg Police Department's Christmas party was last Sunday, and after that was over, we went to a local establishment and met up with some friends. At 10:00pm I was yawning, but I kept on trucking and made it through the night. We had a good time and didn't get home until 1:00am.


*Eli is a climber. He climbs on top of the toy box. He climbs on top of my step-dad's big present sitting next to the Christmas tree. He climbs onto the couch and then proceeds to fall off, but climbs right back on. He climbs onto Sophie's rocking chair and violently rocks it, laughing his head off.



*Sophie may be officially potty-trained. She has done really well going potty in the toilet, but going poopy was a totally different story. I have had to use suppositories a few times due to the fact that she flat out refused to poopy AT ALL. After the third time of using them, she yelled at me, "No more postories!" This week, she has poopied in the toilet every time. Here she is going poopy at my mom's on Sunday. She was excited to use this potty chair, because we don't use one like this at home!


*The women in my family all got together last Sunday to make Christmas cookies. It is the second year we have done this, although the first year that we invited my Mamaw. Now I remember why she wasn't invited the first year! We really wanted to learn how to make them ourselves and have Mamaw delegate. The old fiery pistol couldn't stop meddling. I think she was afraid we'd screw everything up. I'm pretty sure that my sister and my aunt threatened to kill her at one point. We really did have a good time, and have TONS of yummy cookies to eat!







I can't believe Christmas is only 7 days away. Sophie reminds us every day that she wants a playhouse. She is dying to see Santa and tell him. Little does she know that Santa already got it and it is hiding in the basement. It's cute to see her get into Christmas as she gets older. Eli couldn't care less. He's too busy trying to climb the Christmas tree!

No comments: