Steve and I leave tomorrow for Tennessee to watch the Nascar race at Bristol. I was in laundry/packing mode and was going down the basement steps with the laundry basket. Sophie wanted to come down with me, and I told her to stay at the top of the stairs. Somehow, I missed a step and went tumbling down the stairs. My right foot turned inward and upside down 90 degrees, and when I landed, the top of my foot was touching the floor. The laundry basket went flying and I was laying there in a crumpled heap. Of course, I screamed and immediately started crying because of the sheer pain that went shooting through my foot. Sophie watched it all happen and immediately started freaking out. Steve heard both of us crying and sprinted through the house and down the stairs to see what happened. He helped me up the stairs, to a chair, and got ice for my foot. He even went out and got me an ankle wrap. I have been able to slowly walk on it, and although it doesn't hurt to put pressure on it from stepping, it feels like pressure is building and that my foot is barely hanging on. It's nice and swollen and I'm currently sitting here with ice on it again. The ice and ibuprofen are somewhat doing their jobs, but man oh man I haven't felt that amount of sheer pain (aside from childbirth and my gall stones) since I was a kid and broke my ankle. Now I'm worried that I'm going to be hobbling all weekend while we're in Tennessee. Hopefully Steve won't leave me behind!
And, because they're so stinking cute, I had to end this post with pictures of Sophie and Eli.
Here is Eli sitting in Soph's room after his bath. I gave him a mini-mohawk.

Sophie was being a superhero, but after I took the picture, I realized that it looks like she is practicing her streaking skills.




2 comments:
I know that it was not funny when it happened, but I just spit my diet coke across the table when I pictured you falling down the stairs. Please don't hate me for laughing! I hope you are okay! I am suprised you did not have to make a visit to the doc!!
Oh, I'm sure I'll be at the dr. on Monday!
Post a Comment