Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Family Picture Fiasco

What a nightmare! We had an appointment at 10 this morning at Wal-Mart. I thought we'd try Wal-Mart this time. Needless to say, the next time we get pictures taken, we're going back to Target. The photographer (if that's what you call her) was new (she told us this was her first day by herself). I wasn't too happy with any of the poses she put my children in. We also were unable to pick and choose which pose we liked and wanted to buy; we could only choose one pose with each background. Granted, our pictures will look great because my kids are gorgeous, :) but I know if we would have gone to Target, we would have had a better experience. Target did Sophie's 1 yr. pictures and those turned out great. "If it isn't broken, don't fix it" definitely applies here.

Now for the fun part of the story: a woman, her son, and her mother, were waiting for their appointment. Apparently, her appointment was at 10:30 and she wasn't happy that we weren't done at 10:30 (she should try to get a 2 yr. old and a 5 month old to smile at the same time)! She kept accusing us of not having an appointment and opening and shutting her cell phone, checking the time. She kept yelling at the photographer, which only slowed her down, because she couldn't focus on us and get us done in a timely fashion. For those of you who don't know my husband, he will tell you how it is and he doesn't care if it makes you mad or not. He told the lady that if she was in such a hurry she should have made her appointment for an earlier time. She then accused us AGAIN of not having an appointment (like I'm going to dress up my family and drag them out in the snow in the HOPES of getting something done). Steve looked her directly in the eye and told her he wasn't going to listen to her bitch and moan over something we had no control over. She then said, "that's nice language to use in front of your children." Now, I don't like confrontation and generally try to avoid it. For some reason, though, this woman rubbed me the wrong way. I turned around and yelled at her that I had made our appointment two weeks ago and I was tired of hearing her voice. Her mother then chimed in, "now let's knock this shit off" to which I replied, "that's nice language to use in front of your grandson". We then paid for our pictures, told the woman to have a lovely day, and left.

I miss Target.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Klassy with a Kapital K. Good for you, telling that woman what she could do with her "appointment."

Scan those pics and post!! :-)
~ Leslie